Accounting Careers Exploratory (ACE) Leadership Program
ACE (Accounting Careers Exploratory) Leadership Program is a free two-week, non-residency program for underrepresented high school students who are interested in learning more about a career in accounting and business. The program offers a diverse set of learning experiences that includes panel discussions, interactive exercises, field trips and guest lectures from area business and government professionals. The program is designed to be fun, challenging and engaging. Students will explore, network and increase their understanding about college and the business world while making new friends and developing interpersonal skills in a real-life college setting.Some benefits include:
- An opportunity to apply for a renewable scholarship that can offer the program graduate up to $10,000 during the course of their academic career;
- Potential internships to program graduates who receive scholarships;
- High School Student Membership at the MSCPA, an association of more than 11,000 accounting and business professionals; and
- Networking with peers and professionals alike.
Dates: July 27 - 31 (Week 1) OR August 3 - 7 (Week 2)
Locations: Fisher College or Suffolk University
Information Sessions: Contact us for information regarding a session near you!
Applications Due: March 18, 2020. To apply, click here.
2020 ACE Leadership Program Offerings
July 27 – 31 (Week 1) OR August 3 – 7 (Week 2)
- Currently a high school sophomore, junior or senior;
- Member of an underrepresented race;
- Strong academics, motivation, leadership and interest in accounting and business;
- GPA of 3.0 or higher although students with a minimum of 2.5 can be considered as a special exception; and
- Completed application package submitted by March 18 which includes:
- Application form;
- High school transcript;
- Letter of reference from guidance counselor, teacher or a community leader who is not a relative;
- A short essay (one paragraph) explaining your interest in attending ACE; and
- Parental consent.
For additional information or general inquiries, please contact Jessica Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org. Register online at mscpaonline.org/aceleadership2020.