Please scroll to the bottom to accept terms & conditions
Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site. Technical questions on association management issues should directed to our helpdesk.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Keep comments professional. Avoid references to politics, religion and other personal matters.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Do not forward, copy, or otherwise disseminate information (including the author, subject, or content) contained in a post to anyone outside of The HUB community (MSCPA members) without prior written permission of the author.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants. Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants we will take all appropriate action.
Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We Respect Your Privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page
General Site Disclaimer
The CPATrack.com Website is the exclusive property of the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Inc. (MSCPA) In addition to the copyright restrictions, absent written authorization from the MSCPA, the commercial dissemination or use, or the use or dissemination, of information obtained from this Website is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.
The MSCPA will under no circumstances ever share e-mail addresses with any other party. All e-mail correspondence from the MSCPA contains a link for the user to unsubscribe from future communications.
This service is provided by the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants. (MSCPA) The MSCPA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The MSCPA disclaims all warranties with regard to the information posted on site, whether posted by the MSCPA or any third party. In no event shall the MSCPA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Resume Posting Service Waiver and Disclaimer
The posting of resumes on the Massachusetts Society Of Certified Public Accountants, Inc.'s ("MSCPA") Website is a free service made available to members of the general public. Neither the MSCPA nor any of its members makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the operation of the Website resume posting service or the content of any postings.
By posting your resume CPATrack.com, you are agreeing to waive, release and hold harmless the MSCPA from any and all claims arising from, or related in any way, to the Website, the Website resume posting service or your individual resume. The following sections provide some disclaimer information concerning the general operation of the Website resume service. Nothing contained therein or elsewhere on this Website, shall be deemed to limit, in any way, the waiver and release effectuated by the posting of a resume.
Upon posting, it is the intention of the MSCPA that resumes will remain posted for six months. Once the six-month period ends, the MSCPA sends an e-mail warning that the resume has been removed from the site. The MSCPA assumes no responsibility concerning the maintenance or renewal of resume postings. It is the poster's responsibility to monitor the status of their resume.
Contact Mona McCarthy to have your resume removed.
Your resume will be accessible to the 10,000+ members of the MSCPA who have access to restricted pages of the MSCPA's Website with the use of a username and password. While the MSCPA intends to limit access to MSCPA members, it is possible that other parties may obtain access to the resume service.
The MSCPA does not provide any security or confidential protection for the information posted on the resume service. It is the responsibility of the poster to use caution in disclosing confidential or other information.
The MSCPA will undertake to post the resume in the form in which it is provided. The format of your resume may be altered in the posting process. You should preview your resume and return to the form to make changes. While the MSCPA will undertake an effort to make corrections that are brought to its attention, it is the responsibility of the resume poster to monitor their individual posting for accuracy of both content and format.
The MSCPA reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to remove any and all content of postings made to its Website resume posting service. The service is for the posting of resumes only. Do not post non-resume information. Do not post any incomplete, false, or inaccurate information. As noted, the MSCPA reserves the absolute right to remove content from the resume posting service, including content which it deems to be incomplete, false or inaccurate.